Tuesday, January 08, 2013

2013 - The year of reading Bonhoeffer

Last year I read volumes 4 (Discipleship) and 5 (Life together and The prayerbook of the Bible) of the Dietrich Bonhoeffer Works in English (DBWE) series.

These have left a lasting impression on me, and I plan to come back to them soon. But even more impressive than his writing is the life of this man. So this year, I plan to read the entire and newly complete series, starting (of course) with DBWE1 – Sanctorum Communio: a theological study of the sociology of the church, which was Bonhoeffer's doctoral thesis and quite possibly the best work of Protestant ecclesiology.


If all goes well – and it should show on my blog if it does – perhaps next year may be the year of reading Balthasar or even Barth.

No comments:

Post a Comment