Sunday, September 05, 2010

Time to settle down

Now that I've been back, I've almost given up hope of settling back into 'life as normal': it's just not possible. Travel has changed me – hopefully more for better than worse. and while I can't keep traveling, I can keep reflecting; understanding the change that I've experienced and assimilating the transformation.

To that end, I've got a few post-travel tasks:

  • the 6000 word independent study project that was the pretext for my travel, including
  • the 1000 pages of reading on the theology of spirituality, theology of mission and mission in the context of the Australian Defence Force,
  • emails, postcards and gifts for the friends I made along the way
  • 10 and 30 minute presentations on spirituality for soldiers, and 
  • 30 and 60 minute presentations on missional spirituality for chaplains, pastors and Christian leaders.
But, even before I started to look seriously at these tasks, I'd already started on something else: pre-travel tasks for the next (anticipated) trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment